Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Laughlin

I forgot I hadnt written about our trip to Laughlin!

Thursday I woke up with the worst sore throat, swollen tonsils and felt horrible. So I worked half a day and went home and stocked my body up with vitamins, orange juice and nyquil and got some rest. When Trav got home we started to pack and got the idea that what if I had strep cause I had all the symptoms and the sudden onset of the sore throat....so at 9 pm that night we went driving around Ogden to find an Instacare or somewhere that was open. Of course no where was at this time of night other than the ER....so we went home and called everyone to let them know we needed to push back leaving in the morning for an hour so I could get into the Dr. first thing in the morning. If I had strep I wasnt going to go cause I didnt want to get everyone else sick.

Friday morning I woke up and could swallow and felt a little better. My throat wasnt hurting nearly as bad and my tonsils werent as swollen so we decided to just get ready and head out. I took some nyquil and slept most of the ride there and just tried to get some rest and get better.
We pulled into Laughlin later Friday night and it was 63 degrees and the sun was down! It felt so nice to be out of the smog and cold.
The weather was amazing it was mid 70's and sunny the entire weekend!
Riding.....well I had a rough weekend. Me and my bike didnt really get a long too well. For some reason it didnt think I needed to be on it and kept bucking me off most of the time. The first morning I wrecked more than I have wrecked since I have owned a bike. But it was still fun.

Travis got to ride his brand new bike for the 1st time on dirt. Well actually Josh rode it first and I rode it second but then he got to ride it the rest of the weekend. He kept it on 2 weeks until the last day too, so that was a bonus!
Saturday night there was a Speedway race across the river from where we were staying. So we went over to that. That was an awesome event. I had never seen it before. They have bikes that look like they have a mountain bike tire for the front wheel. They dont have breaks and only have 1 gear. They pretty much just hall ass in a circle for 5 or 6 laps. Its like nascar on bikes. It was nuts and super fun. They also had like side cars they raced....someone would drive and then the "monkey" would hang off the side and drag in the dirt to help it turn. That was the most entertaining of all and dangerous. When they wreck its crazy to see.

We rode for a few more days and then had to come home on Tuesday to get back to work and life. Which is where we are now...home and back to life!




No comments: